Information Collected by MPG
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our MPG users:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Account Registration: In order for you to use some of MPG services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile.
2. Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. MPG and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, MPG cookie information, and the page you requested. MPG uses this traffic data to analyze trends and administer the website.
MPG is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party. MPG may send out e-mails with MPG-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from MPG, which inform you of actions that have been performed on the site.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. MPG cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because MPG enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use MPG is an integral part of the MPG experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- MPG Personnel: MPG personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of MPG business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if MPG, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Protection of MPG and Others: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with a law; to enforce or apply other policies; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MPG, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other MPG users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on MPG where we allow you to tell other MPG users about yourself and your interests.
- Syndication: MPG allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the MPG website.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your MPG account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the MPG website. As a result, MPG does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that MPG has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using MPG or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use