Dr. Alister MacKenzie's 13 Golf Commandments (1920)
Pebble Beach Resorts Package Specials
- The course, where possible, should be arranged in two loops of 9 holes.
- There should be a large proportion of good 2-shot holes, two or three drive-and-pitch holes, and at least four 1-shot holes.
- There should be little walking between the greens and tees, and the course should be arranged so that in the first instance there is always a slight walk forwards from the green to the next tee; then the holes are sufficiently elastic to be lengthened in the future if necessary.
- The greens and fairways should be sufficiently undulating, but there should be no hill climbing.
- Every hole should have a different character.
- There should be a minimum of blindness for the approach shots.
- The course should have beautiful surroundings, and all the artificial features should have so natural an appearance that a stranger is unable to distinguish them from nature.
- There should be a sufficient number of heroic carries from the tee, but the course should be arranged so that the weaker player with the loss of a stroke or portion of a stroke shall always have an alternative route open to him.
- There should be infinite variety in the strokes required to play the various holes - viz., interesting brassy shots, iron shots, pitch and run-up shots.
- There should be a complete absence of the annoyance and irritation caused by the necessity of searching for lost balls.
- The course should be so interesting that even the plus man is constantly stimulated to improve his game in attempting shots he has hitherto been unable to play.
- The course should be so arranged that the long handicap player, or even the absolute beginner, should be able to enjoy his round in spite of the fact that he is piling up a big score.
- The course should be equally good during winter and summer, the texture of the greens and fairways should be perfect, and the approaches should have the same consistency as the greens.
CUSTOMER REVIEWS OF MONTEREY PENINSULA GOLF PACKAGES:
Richard Santi ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "This was a family golf trip with my son, son in law and 14 year old grandson. We had a fantastic time and Monterey Peninsula Golf are to be commended. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone visiting Pebble Beach for a golf vacation."
Rob Forsyth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "Played Spyglass Hill and Pebble Beach - amazing courses and first rate service and accommodation. Thank you!"
Brian Carrick ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "Monterey Peninsula Golf was such a pleasure to work with. They were very helpful when my tournament did not get the registrations we were hoping for. My group went from expecting 30+ golfers to having only 14 actually register. They worked with the facility we were playing and was still able to get us a shotgun start on four holes, range balls, closest to the pin, long drive contest and custom carts. They really made our small group feel right at home and all 14 of them had a wonderful time, including me. Thank you Monterey Peninsula Golf for a wonderful event."
Graham Selassie ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "Great rates, great service. I’d recommend MPG to anyone looking for a premier golf experience on the Monterey peninsula."
John Jary ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "Thanks for organizing our stay at Pebble beach resorts. The inn at Spanish bay was totally awesome and my wife and I felt like royalty from check in to check out. The whole procedure was seamless and organized to perfection. Golf for me at Spyglass and Pebble beach was just amazing and an experience I'll never forget. Thank you so much for all your efforts, it won't be our last visit, Already thinking of August next year.... I'll be in touch Many many thanks."